Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Training
a quality training workshop from The QC Group
This course will help to equip you for a rewarding and challenging position in the quality field. It is perfect for those who have a working knowledge of certain brands of CMM and would like to learn additional brands, as well as for those who would like to enter the CMM field (if prerequisites are met).
Inspection personnel, Engineering personnel, Production personnel, Entry level inspectors, and those who would like to enter into the field of dimensional measurement and CMM programming.
Public Workshop, or On-site
This is not a beginner course. Each registrant will need to complete and pass a pre-skills examination to determine his/her experience and knowledge in the following areas:
If you lack experience in these areas and you do not pass the pre-skills test, we offer various courses that will give you the knowledge necessaryfor taking this CMM training. We offer standard public and onsite courses as well as lower-priced online and self-directed learning courses. Call us at 952-746-5725 or contact us via our website to explore your options.
- CMM instruction by an expert CMM Programmer who is also a Certified Quality Inspector (CQI).
- Hands-on programming using a CMM training block as well as actual manufactured parts.
- Small groups (2-4 students) to allow for maximum learning.
- Open enrollment at our lab in Minneapolis, MN, or fully customized, onsite training at your facility (contact for a proposal).
- CMM Overview
- Care and maintenance
- Program interface
- Probe selection and qualification
- Planning for a program layout
- Making a basic program with manual probing
- Measuring common features: planes, lines, points, cylinders, circles, spheres, cones
- Constructing common features: intersections, bolt circles, etc.
- Creating dimensions: distance, diameter, true position, flatness, etc.
- Managing probe travel with clearance points or clearance planes
- Editing programs
- Generating a printout of results
- Brown and Sharpe® 7107 with PC-DMIS® and CURVES®
- Zeiss Contura® with Calypso® and CURVES® (Using the VAST XT scanning probe)
- FARO® Portable CMM with Cam 2 Measure Q and Measure X
- OGP Avant® and Avant Zip with MeasureMind Ver. 10.56 software (SmartScope uses MeasureMind also)
We also offer a specialized Advanced PC-DMIS Training workshop. Contact for details.