Quality Function Deployment (QFD) - Self Directed Learning
a quality training course from The QC Group
The purchase price includes 4 DVDs, 1 Case History, 1 Instructor’s Guide, 1 Application Guide, QFD Capture Software and Online Users Guide, and House of Quality Forms.
TARGET AUDIENCE Design and process engineers; Marketing and quality assurance personnel; Other QFD team members.
Self-Directed, Materials are shipped directly to the student.
Quality Function Deployment provides a logical structure for translating the "voice of the customer" into specific, measurable product and process characteristics. It helps QFD teams to design and produce products and services that customers want, focusing every phase of your operation on meeting and exceeding their expectations. As a result, it can significantly reduce engineering changes, design cycles, start-up costs and warranty claims.
- Introduction to QFD
- QFD vs. non-QFD development
- Prerequisite corporate culture for successful QFD efforts
- Basic structure and logic of QFD
- The House of Quality (HOQ)
- Constructing the House of Quality
- Basic elements
- Optional elements
- Data collection
- Interpreting the HOQ
- The Voice of the Customer
- Kano model of customer perceptions of quality:
- One dimensional
- Customer-oriented market research
- Accessing existing market data
- Methods for obtaining unsolicited customer input
- Phases of QFD
- QFD's four generally accepted phases
- Product planning
- Product design
- Process planning
- Process control planning
- Overview of the matrix of matrices
- Starting a Pilot QFD Study
- Management's role
- Selecting a pilot project
- Selecting a QFD team and team leader
- Prerequisites and training needs
- Scheduling project reviews
- Common pitfalls and obstacles
All fields are required.