GD&T Training - Advanced Concepts(3-day)
a quality training workshop from The QC Group
This three-day course is a continuation of GD&T – Fundamentals, again focusing on practical GD&T application and introducing additional advanced concepts such as the Datum at Virtual Condition Rule, tolerance calculation and more complex GD&T controls.
This program is designed for anyone who is currently familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying and interpreting technical documentation. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam will need this course.
Prerequisite: GD&T – Fundamentals or equivalent experience. (Pre-skill evaluations are available upon request.
Public Workshop, or On-site
This program is a continuation of your education in the Y14.5 standard. In this program, we focus on the application and interpretation of GD&T - another step closer to becoming a GD&T expert.
The program begins with a review of GD&T, and then continues with practical team exercises designed to enhance knowledge, build confidence, and nurture a team environment. This class is a minimum lecture, maximum experience and participation format.
- Introduction - Objectives, review GD&T – Fundamentals.
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting review.
- Review of the more complex controls - composite position, projected tolerance zone, etc.
- Datum Reference Frames - proper selection and utilization exercises.
- Calculating tolerances for maximum producibility and 100% interchangeability.
- Functional gauge design - "Soft" or "Paper" as well as tooled gauges.
This course is also available as GD&T Advanced Concepts (2-day) The 2-day version of this course simply removes the additional full day of training reserved specifically for extended exercises and hands-on projects.